“Finally…Graffiti Removal Can be as Simple as Cleaning a Window.”
Protect Your Property and Signage from Expensive and Unsightly Graffiti using the Latest and Most Effective Anti-Graffiti Coatings.
Graffiti vandalism is on the increase and the risk of your valuable building not just being tagged with a single word of graffiti, but totally covered is greater than ever before!
Insurance companies are starting to restrict cover for sites vulnerable to repeated graffiti attack. So as the owner of a valuable asset, you need to be taking precautions to limit your risk profile.
But there are other factors you want as well aren't there?
- You want a protective coating, but don't want to see it's there.
- You want to reduce the costs involved in removing graffiti because that’s good money you could be spending elsewhere.
- You don't want the coating to attract dirt and grime to your building’s facade making it look dirty quicker. But you do want it to help reduce staining on your building.
- You want flexibility and be able to remove the coating if corporate colours need to be changed on the building
- You want a coating that is quick to remove graffiti off so that your risk and exposure to OH&S risks on site during the graffiti removal process is minimal.
That’s why our R&D team at Graffiti Eaters works hard to stay on top of developments and test all products thoroughly before they are released to the market in order to be able to advise you on the best coating system and solution for your application – no one coating fits all!
If you are a property owner or manager and you’re worried about graffiti, we can provide peace of mind.
Our anti-graffiti coatings:
- Minimise the cost of graffiti removal.
- Protect the appearance of your building from Graffiti Vandals
- Speed up the graffiti removal process on your building or asset.
- Provide you with peace of mind.
Graffiti vandals can strike anywhere at any time-even in respectable areas where graffiti is rare. Graffiti vandals use a wide variety of pens, spray cans, and other implements. The cost of graffiti removal can quickly run into thousands and even tens of thousands of dollars.
Fortunately, anti-graffiti coatings now make it easy to protect buildings and signs from graffiti vandals.
In many cases, anti-graffiti coatings can make graffiti removal as simple as cleaning dirt off a window.
But it's important you select the correct coating type for the correct application, that’s where experience counts.
So How do they work:
Anti-graffiti coatings provide a barrier on the outside of a surface that prevents graffiti being absorbed into the exterior building material. This barrier can also protect against pollution and dirt.
There are three main types of anti-graffiti coatings:
This short video explains the different types of coatings and how they work to protect your property.
All three provide protection against graffiti. Which one you choose depends on your building, the aesthetic look you desire, the likely frequency of graffiti attack and your budget.
Coating selection table
|Graffiti Eaters Sacrificial||
||2 Coats required. Recoat, when graffiti removed and every 4 years.||
||1 Coat required. Recoat, when graffiti removed 5 times and every 3 years.||
|Graffiti Eaters Long Life||
||2 Coats required. Recoat every 8-10 years.||
Trust a Company with 35 Years of Experience to Prevent Damage from Graffiti Vandalism
The correct application of anti-graffiti coatings is critical. A professional and experienced Graffiti Removal technician will take into consideration these key factors:
- Surface Moisture Levels.
- Surface preparation and adhesion.
- Coating quality and design for the given application.
It's vital to engage the services of a professional and experienced graffiti removal and protection company.
The Graffiti Eaters is a family business who have made it their mission to create market leading graffiti removal techniques since 1977.
Now in its second generation of leadership, our team of expert surface restoration technicians train for 12 months and we equip them with the latest graffiti removal technology.
Seven Reasons to Call Graffiti Eaters for Anti-Graffiti Protection
- Results... Since 1977 we have been relied on to remove graffiti and protect buildings from graffiti vandals.
- State-of-the-art equipment and propriety formulations. We've developed the latest and best equipment and compliant with ISO standards ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2002, ISO 31000:2009 and AS/NZS 4801:2001
- We employ mechanical engineers who scientifically determine how to protect your building from graffiti vandals-with no damage to the structure and look of your property.
- Fully insured. Don’t expose yourself to the risk of using an uncredited fly-by-night outfit, you may be liable for costs associated with surface damage. Don't take this risk.
- Safety. WorkCover regularly fines property owners for not following the rules when it comes to chemical applications and safety. Again... with the Graffiti Eaters, You don’t need to take this risk.
- Trained experts who have graduated from our Graffiti Removal training academy the 'University of Graffitiology' surface restoration training program that takes 12 months to master and complete.
- Speed. We can typically protect your building in 2 days or less.
When you engage our specialised graffiti coating services, you are protected by the following:
- Full Certification to Quality Management ISO9001
- Full Certification to OH&S Management AS4801
- Full Certification to Environment Management ISO14001
- $20 Million Public Liability Insurance
Rock-Solid TOTAL Satisfaction Guarantee
If you're not TOTALLY and COMPLETELY satisfied with our anti-graffiti protection work, we'll return at our expense, to fix any problems. No questions asked.
Applying Anti-Graffiti Coatings to Different Surfaces
When it comes to protecting a building against graffiti, it's important to use different approaches to different materials.
- Painted Surfaces. In some cases, it can be quicker and less expensive to repaint a wall. However, anti-graffiti coatings can eliminate colour matching and paint fade issues.
- Brick and Masonry. Coatings are the best option for graffiti protection. Coatings can also protect against carbonation.
- Can be coated but coating is not required: graffiti can be cleaned off this surface easily in its natural state.
- Sacrificial coatings can be applied onto wooden surfaces provided the coating allows the wood to breathe. Wood expands and contracts in various weather conditions and requires a pliable coating.
- Metal Surfaces. Coatings can be applied to metal surfaces. However, in most cases, it's overkill: graffiti can be removed with the correct cleaning solutions and expertise. Removing graffiti from more complex surface coatings like zincalume and galvanising can be more challenging. Coatings should be used for these more complex surface coatings.
Frequently Asked Questions About Anti-Graffiti Coatings
Q: Will anti-graffiti coatings save me money?
A: If you have a high profile site and get 'tagged' by a graffiti vandal at least once a month, the answer is YES. The investment in a quality coating will reduce removal costs and pay for itself over the life of the coating. The other benefit of an anti-graffiti coating is that your building will be easier to clean from dirt and pollution and be better protected from damp and mould reducing ongoing maintenance costs.
Q: Do the coatings come in colours?
A: All coatings are available in clear. The acrylic range of Long Life coatings can be tinted to any colour from the Australian Standard Colour chart. So yes... long life coatings come in colours.
Q: Should I choose a gloss, low sheen, or matt finish?
A: We recommend gloss. Graffiti is easier to clean for the average general cleaner off a gloss surface over a matt surface. However, gloss can affect the appearance of the wall which some people don't like. If the coating is on a heritage listed building, a matt sacrificial coating is optimal. This will not alter the appearance of the wall. However, you should check with Heritage Australia before coating any wall.
The new range of Graffiti Eaters Invisible Coatings work extremely well on masonry surfaces and are invisible, without a sheen level at all for property owners who want protection without a noticeable appearance. These coatings require pressurised water in the removal process.
Q: How can I clean a coated wall?
A: Coatings are cleaned using special cleaning products designed to dissolve graffiti without affecting the base of the anti-graffiti coating. A product from one coating manufacturer should not be used with another manufacturer's coating, as coating damage can result.
Cleaning products are available online through The Graffiti Eaters or we can visit your site for recommendations. Simply spray the cleaner onto the graffiti with slight agitation from a scrubbing brush, wait 30 seconds, then neutralise the area with a rag soaked in hot soapy water. Do not use harsh scourers or steel wool as these materials will damage the coating.
Q: Can I apply a coating myself?
A: While it's possible to apply sacrificial coatings yourself, it's always recommended to have the coatings professionally applied. Coatings require experience and training to get them to adhere correctly and cure properly. Coatings also have specific health and safety requirements that require the expertise of an approved graffiti coating applicator. Surfaces must be prepared without flaky paint, debris, moss, water stains, or dirt. Coatings are only covered under warranty when they have been applied by an approved applicator.
Graffiti vandals regularly target signage. And signs can be extremely expensive to replace. A quality long life gloss anti-graffiti coating will protect a sign and extend its life by many years, not only from graffiti vandalism but also UV degradation.
Anti-Carbonation and Graffiti Coatings
Anti-carbonation coatings are used to prevent carbon dioxide entering concrete. Carbon Dioxide can damage concrete and damage its structural integrity. Anti-carbonation coatings are porous enough to let water vapour move in and out of the concrete, but the pores are too small for the large carbon dioxide molecule to pass through. This property provides anti-carbonation protection.
We've developed an anti-graffiti coating that doubles as an anti-carbonation coating. This effectively cuts application costs in half and has been approved by all of the road traffic authorities around Australia.
You Have a Choice...
Unfortunately, tens of thousands of graffiti vandals are roaming the streets of Australia, causing you and other property owners, millions of dollars of damage.
Don’t wait until you get "tagged" and need graffiti removal.
You can gain the upper hand and be prepared by coating the exterior of your property so that removing graffiti becomes as easy as cleaning a window which in the long run will save you time and money.